Watermelon and seafood mousse is a refreshing and light summertime dish that is perfect for a warm day. It combines the sweet and juicy flavors of watermelon with the richness of seafood to create a unique and delicious mousse. Here is a recipe for you to try:
- 2 cups watermelon, diced
- 8 ounces cooked seafood (such as lobster, shrimp, or crabmeat), diced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh herbs for garnish (such as parsley or chives)
- In a blender or food processor, puree the watermelon until smooth. Transfer the puree to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same blender or food processor, pulse the seafood until it is finely chopped. Transfer the seafood to a separate bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and Dijon mustard until well combined.
- Gently fold the watermelon puree and seafood into the cream mixture until well combined. Season the mousse with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the mousse to a serving dish and garnish with chopped fresh herbs. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Serve the mousse chilled, with crackers or toasted bread on the side.
Enjoy your watermelon and seafood mousse!