Herb-scented tomato soup is a comforting and flavorful dish that is perfect for a cold day. It is made with ripe tomatoes, fresh herbs, and a variety of seasonings and vegetables. Here is a recipe for you to try:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese for garnish (optional)
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until the vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, chicken or vegetable broth, and heavy cream to the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and add the basil, parsley, and thyme.
- Simmer the soup for an additional 10-15 minutes, until the flavors have melded together.
- Using an immersion blender or regular blender, puree the soup until smooth. Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the soup hot, garnished with grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
Enjoy your herb-scented tomato soup!