Quick Pot Roast Chicken
- 1 size 17 chicken
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 1/2 cup dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon whisky, rum or sherry
- 3 large cloves garlic-crushed
- small piece of crushed ginger
- 1 tablespoon 5 spiced ginger
- 1 cup water
- In a bowl, mix together soy sauce (dark and light), sugar, whisky, garlic, five spice and water. Heat a deep pan or pot, add wet ingredients and bring mixture to boil. Add 1 whole chicken and cover with lid.
- Turn heat down and cook, turning chicken occasionally.
- Chicken is cooked when juices run clear when tested.
- whole piece of beef, pork or lamb may also be used.
- Adjust cooking time and add more water when necessary.
Leave a Reply