Sultana Bran Muffins
- 1 and 3/4 cups self raising flour.
- 1 cup raw bran.
- 3 tablespoons sugar.
- 3/4 cup sultanas.
- 1 cup milk.
- 1 egg.
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine melted and cooled.
- few drops of vanilla.
- Pre-heat oven to 210C.
- Grease muffin pan or line with paper baking cups.
- Put flour, bran, sugar and sultanas in a mixing bowl.
- Make a well in centre and pour in combined milk, egg, melted butter or margarine and vanilla mixture.
- Mix quickly until just combined (batter will be clumpy)
- Fill each prepared muffin cup two thirds full with batter.
- Bake 20-25 minutes browned and cooked when tested.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Serve with butter if desired.
- Suitable to freeze and reheat in oven or microwave.
Leave a Reply