Baked Apples With Custard Sponge Topping
- 4 large green apples-peeled and sliced.
- 60g butter
- 1/2 cup sultanas.
- 3 eggs.
- 2 1/2 cups milk.
- 1/2 cup sugar.
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice.
- 2 cups fine soft white breadcrumbs.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Pouring cream to serve.
- Heat butter in heavy frying pan and cook apples until soft.
- Spoon apples to greased pie dish, sprinkle evenly over with sultanas.
- Beat eggs, milk, sugar, spice and vanilla in a bowl with a whisk.
- Add breadcrumbs and beat lightly.
- Pour mixture over apples and bake in 170C preheated oven for approximately 45 minutes or until set.
- Serve warm or cols with pouring cream.
Leave a Reply