- 1 tbsp canola oil.
- 1/3 cup Thai red curry paste.
- 1kg beef chunk steak, cut into chunks.
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into chunks.
- 1/2 cup coconut milk.
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut.
- 1 lime zest grated and juiced.
- 1 tbsp brown sugar.
- 1tbsp tamarind paste.
- Heat a large heavy- based flameproof pot.
- Add the oil and curry paste and cook for 1-2 minutes or until frangrant.
- Add beef and toss through to combine.
- Add water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for 2 hours.
- Add sweet potato, eggplant, coconut milk. desiccated coconut coconut, lime zest, brown sugar and tamarind.
- Bring to boil again and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally for 1 hour or until tender.
Sprinkle with shredded cilantro and sliced fresh chilli. Accompany with steamed rice and some greens.