Uncivilized Chicken (Jungly Murgi)
- 1 pound bone-in chicken pieces (such as drumsticks or thighs)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small chili pepper, minced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup diced fresh bell peppers
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chili pepper (if using), curry powder, cumin, turmeric, and salt and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook until it is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk, chicken broth, tomatoes, and bell peppers. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in the spinach and cook until it is wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Garnish the curry with cilantro and serve hot. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply