- 1 small papaya, peeled and diced
- 1 small carrot, julienned
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup diced roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1 small chili pepper, minced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, fish sauce, brown sugar, and garlic to make the dressing.
- In a large bowl, combine the papaya, carrot, tomato, cucumber, peanuts, cilantro, red onion, and chili pepper (if using).
- Pour the dressing over the top of the salad and toss to combine.
- Serve the salad immediately, garnished with additional chopped peanuts and cilantro if desired. Enjoy!