Pasta Salad Recipe Pacific Island Style
For a Pacific island-style pasta salad, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 pound of small pasta shapes, such as rotini or fusilli
- 1 can of tuna, drained
- 1 cup of frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup of diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup of diced red onion
- 1/4 cup of diced fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup of sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
To make the pasta salad, start by cooking the pasta according to the package instructions. Once it is cooked, drain the pasta and let it cool completely.
In a large bowl, combine the cooled pasta, tuna, peas, red bell pepper, cilantro, red onion, pineapple, and black olives.
In a separate small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Pour the mayonnaise mixture over the pasta salad and stir to coat all of the ingredients evenly.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate the pasta salad for at least one hour to allow the flavors to meld. Serve the pasta salad chilled, garnished with additional chopped cilantro if desired.
Leave a Reply