A very special and exciting way to cook lamb.
- 1 pound of lamb, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of beef broth
- 1 cup of red wine
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large, deep skillet or Dutch oven, heat some oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the lamb to the skillet and cook until browned on all sides.
- Remove the lamb from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the onion, carrot, celery, and garlic. Cook until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the beef broth, red wine, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and thyme to the skillet. Stir to combine.
- Add the lamb back to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the skillet with a lid or aluminum foil and transfer to the preheated oven.
- Bake for about 1 hour, or until the lamb is tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Serve the lamb casserole hot, with mashed potatoes or your favorite side dish. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply