Island Style Beef Curry
- 1 pound of beef, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon of minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 cup of beef broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
- In a large, deep skillet or Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the beef to the skillet and cook until browned on all sides.
- Remove the beef from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the onion, ginger, and garlic. Cook until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the curry powder, cumin, coriander, turmeric, and cayenne pepper (if using) to the skillet. Stir to combine.
- Add the beef back to the skillet, along with the coconut milk and beef broth. Stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 45 minutes, or until the beef is tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Season the curry with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish the curry with fresh cilantro, if desired, and serve hot with rice or your favorite side dish. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply