Nimkies (The Pacific Island Way)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, butter, salt, and vanilla extract until a dough forms. If desired, stir in the chopped nuts.
- Roll the dough into small balls, about the size of a walnut. Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet and press them down slightly to flatten.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden. Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Nimkies are ready to serve.
Note: Nimkies are a type of shortbread cookie, so you can customize the recipe with different extract like almond or lemon, or you can add some chocolate chips or cocoa powder to make it a chocolate version.
Leave a Reply