Manioc (cassava drops)
Manioc (Cassava Drops) Recipe
- 2 lbs of peeled and grated manioc (cassava)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup of corn or tapioca flour
- Oil for frying
- Peel and grate 2 lbs of manioc (cassava) and place it in a large mixing bowl.
- Add 1 tsp of salt and 1/4 cup of corn or tapioca flour to the grated manioc and mix well.
- Heat oil in a deep pan or a deep fryer to 375°F (190°C).
- Using your hands, take small portions of the mixture and shape them into small, flattened balls.
- Carefully drop the balls of manioc mixture into the hot oil and fry them until they are golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the manioc drops from the oil and drain on a paper towel-lined plate to remove any excess oil.
- Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Note: If the mixture is too wet to shape into balls, you can add more flour to the mixture. If the mixture is too dry, you can add a little bit of water to make it more pliable.
Leave a Reply