1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 cups coconut milk
1/2 cup lime juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup diced onion
1/4 cup diced tomatoes
1/4 cup diced cucumber
- In a large bowl, mix together coconut milk, lime juice, garlic, cilantro, salt, and pepper.
- Add the shrimp to the marinade and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix together onion, tomatoes, and cucumber.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain the shrimp from the marinade and add to the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until shrimp are pink and cooked through.
- Add the marinade to the skillet and bring to a simmer. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until sauce has thickened.
- Serve the shrimp over rice, and top with the diced vegetables and additional cilantro if desired.
Enjoy your kokoda with shrimp dish!