Meatballs In Tomato Sauce
- 750g minced steak
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic crushed
- 1 can tinned tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornflour mixed in a little water
- Combine mince, egg, flour, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a wok and fry teaspoonfuls of mince balls; pushing balls up sides of wok as you turn them over, frying until all meatballs are browned.
- Make a space in centre of wok and add onion and garlic.
- Saute until onion is tender, then add tinned tomatoes, tomato sauce and sugar.
- Coat meatballs into tomato mixture and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for a few minutes until meatballs are cooked through.
- Mix cornflour water mixture to thicken sauce bringing to the boil.
- Serve with pasta.
Leave a Reply