- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of chopped red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pit. Scoop out the avocado flesh and set it aside.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and place them in a blender or food processor.
- Add the chopped red onion, garlic, olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, and pepper to the blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Chill the sauce in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve the chilled tomato sauce over the avocado halves.
- Optional: garnish with fresh herbs such as cilantro or basil before serving.