- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a food processor or blender, combine the basil, coconut, pine nuts, garlic, and parmesan cheese. Pulse until finely chopped.
- With the machine running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil through the feed tube. Stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Season the pesto with salt and pepper to taste.
- Use the pesto immediately, or transfer it to an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Toss with cooked pasta and a little bit of the pasta cooking water
- Spread on sandwiches or wraps
- Use as a topping for grilled chicken or fish
- Mix into scrambled eggs or an omelette
- Stir into soups or stews for added flavor
- Use as a dip for vegetables or crackers
Leave a Reply