- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Cut in the butter using a pastry cutter or your fingers until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, milk, sugar, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until just combined. The dough should be somewhat sticky.
- On a lightly floured surface, pat the dough into a round that is about 1 inch thick. Cut the dough into 8 wedges and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the scones for 15-20 minutes, or until they are golden brown. Remove them from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!