- 1 eggplant
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil
- Chopped fresh parsley or mint for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice the eggplant in half lengthwise and place cut-side-down on a baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until the eggplant is soft and the skin is wrinkled.
- Allow the eggplant to cool slightly, then scoop the flesh into a food processor or blender.
- Add the tahini, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, salt, and pepper to the food processor or blender with the eggplant.
- Process until the dip is smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the dip to a serving dish and drizzle with olive oil.
- Garnish with chopped parsley or mint, if desired.
- Serve the dip with pita chips, vegetables, or crackers. Enjoy!