- 2 ripe plantains
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or almonds (optional)
- Peel the plantains and slice them into 1/4-inch thick rounds.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the coconut milk, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the plantains to the saucepan and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the plantains are tender.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the butter until melted. Transfer the plantains to a serving dish and pour the coconut milk mixture over the top.
- Sprinkle with chopped walnuts or almonds, if using. Serve immediately