- 1 pound fresh tuna, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cups cooked white rice, for serving (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, honey, ginger, and garlic. Mix well to make the marinade.
- Place the diced tuna in a large bowl, and pour the marinade over it. Stir to coat the tuna well.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or up to 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove the tuna from the refrigerator. Stir in the green onions, sesame seeds, avocado, and cilantro.
- Serve the poke over a bed of cooked white rice, if desired.
Note: This recipe can be easily adjusted to your liking by adding more or less of the marinade ingredients to suit your taste. You can also add other vegetables, such as diced bell peppers or cucumber, to the poke for added flavor and nutrition. Enjoy!