- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup diced tropical fruit (such as mango, papaya, or pineapple)
- Preheat your oven to 300°F (150°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a clean, dry bowl, beat the egg whites until they are foamy.
- Add the cream of tartar and continue beating until the egg whites form stiff peaks.
- Gradually add the sugar, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Gently fold in the coconut and tropical fruit.
- Drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the meringues are crisp and lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow the meringues to cool on the baking sheet.
- Serve the meringues as a sweet treat or use them to top a tropical fruit salad. Enjoy!