Seafood Sauce (The Pacific Way)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of diced onion
- 1/4 cup of white wine
- 1 cup of fish or seafood stock
- 2 tbsp of tomato paste
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 2 tbsp of chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and onion, and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add the white wine and bring to a simmer. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the wine has reduced by half.
- Add the fish or seafood stock and tomato paste, and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the sauce simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until it thickens.
- Stir in the heavy cream and bring the sauce back to a simmer. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the sauce from heat and stir in the chopped parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the seafood sauce over fish, shrimp, or scallops.
Leave a Reply