- 2 lbs lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt to taste
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the lamb, yogurt, onion, and ginger-garlic paste. Mix well to coat the lamb evenly with the marinade. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or overnight for best results.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the cumin, coriander, garam masala, turmeric, and chili powder and cook for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the marinated lamb to the pot and stir to coat with the spices. Cook for about 5 minutes, until the lamb is browned on all sides.
- Stir in the heavy cream and water. Bring to a simmer and reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for about 1-1/2 hours, until the lamb is tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Season with salt to taste. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot.
Leave a Reply