Sunset Salad The Pacific Island Way.
Sunset salad is a colorful and refreshing dish that is perfect for a summertime barbecue or potluck. It is made with a variety of fresh vegetables and a homemade vinaigrette dressing. Here is a recipe for you to try:
- 4 cups mixed greens (such as romaine, arugula, and spinach)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted sunflower seeds
For the vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey, garlic, and Dijon mustard until well combined. Season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, combine the mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, red onion, bell peppers, feta cheese, and sunflower seeds.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad and toss to coat.
- Serve the salad immediately, garnished with additional crumbled feta cheese and sunflower seeds if desired.
Enjoy your Sunset salad!
Leave a Reply