Citrus marmalade is a delicious and tangy spread that is perfect for toast, scones, and other baked goods. It is also relatively easy to make at home with just a few ingredients. Here is a simple recipe for citrus marmalade that you can try at home:
- 3 cups of thinly sliced citrus fruit (such as oranges, lemons, or grapefruits)
- 3 cups of water
- 4 cups of granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- Wash and thinly slice the citrus fruit, removing any seeds.
- In a large pot, combine the sliced fruit, water, and lemon juice. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 45 minutes, or until the fruit is very soft.
- Stir in the sugar and bring the mixture back to a boil, stirring constantly until the sugar has dissolved.
- Increase the heat to high and bring the mixture to a rolling boil. Boil for about 20-30 minutes, or until the marmalade has reached the desired thickness. To test the thickness, place a small spoonful of the marmalade on a chilled plate and place it in the refrigerator for a few minutes. If the marmalade wrinkles when you push it with your finger, it is ready.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let the marmalade cool for a few minutes. Then, ladle the marmalade into sterilized jars and seal with a lid. Store the jars in the refrigerator for up to 3 months, or in the freezer for up to a year.
Enjoy your homemade citrus marmalade!