- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- olive oil, for frying
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place the eggplant slices on a baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes, or until they are tender and starting to brown.
- In a shallow dish, mix together the flour and breadcrumbs. In a separate shallow dish, beat the eggs.
- Dip each eggplant slice into the flour mixture, then the egg mixture, and then back into the flour mixture.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan. Once the oil is hot, add the coated eggplant slices and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown.
- Remove the fritters from the pan and drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Repeat with remaining eggplant slices.
- Serve the fritters hot, garnished with grated Parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of garlic powder. Enjoy!