Devilled eggs are a classic appetizer that is perfect for any occasion. They are made with hard-boiled eggs, mayonnaise, and a variety of seasonings and toppings. Here is a recipe for you to try:
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Paprika for garnish (optional)
- Chopped fresh herbs for garnish (optional)
- Place the eggs in a single layer in a saucepan and add enough cold water to cover them by 1 inch. Bring the water to a boil over high heat. Once the water reaches a boil, remove the pan from the heat and cover it with a lid. Let the eggs sit in the hot water for 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fill a bowl with ice water. Once the eggs are done cooking, carefully transfer them to the bowl of ice water and let them sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Peel the eggs and cut them in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks and place them in a small bowl. Arrange the egg whites on a plate.
- Mash the yolks with a fork and stir in the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, vinegar, and salt and pepper until well combined.
- Spoon or pipe the yolk mixture into the egg whites. Garnish the devilled eggs with paprika and chopped fresh herbs if desired.
Enjoy your devilled eggs!
Leave a Reply