Prawn Curry The Pacific Island Way
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 pound peeled and deveined prawns
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and ginger, and cook until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cumin, coriander, turmeric, cayenne pepper, and salt, and cook for 1 minute more.
- Stir in the water and coconut milk, and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add the prawns, and cook until they are pink and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cilantro, and serve hot.
Note: This recipe can be easily adjusted to your liking by adding more or less of the spices to suit your taste. You can also add other vegetables, such as bell peppers or carrots, to the curry for added flavor and nutrition. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply